Home Education BREAKING: Students Shutdown LAUTECH Over Death of Final Year Student

BREAKING: Students Shutdown LAUTECH Over Death of Final Year Student [Inside Story Explained]

Newscarrier 2 years ads banner

Students of Ladoke Akinola University of Technology Ogbomoso are currently protesting the death of a final-year student of the institution, named Asefon Nifemi Benard.

The deceased who was graduating student of the department of Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology, died after falling into a soak-away in his hostel.

See video of the protest


The University management confirmed the sad incident in a statement signed by the institution’s registrar, Dr. Kayode Ogunleye on Friday.

The statement noted that the student died off-campus on Thursday. The school authority pleaded with students for calm.

The statement read in part:

In sympathy with the student, friends and family, the university management hereby declare today Friday April 23, 2021 as lecture free-day, while any lectures or tests that might have been conducted earlier today will be declared null and void.

Management further appeals to students not to take laws into their hands. Appropriate steps will be taken to further get the facts surrounding the death of the students.

Once again, management commiserates with the students, family and friends of the deceased.

Meanwhile, the University administration has taken steps to take care of the burial of the deceased and convey his corpse to the family.

God will give the university the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.


The News Carrier NG understands that Nifemi, after falling into a soak away, gave up the ghost on Thursday evening after a little delay at LAUTECH teaching hospital.

The incident occurred at his hostel along 1500LT, school area.

According to an eyewitness report, the deceased fell into a soak-away when he wanted to switch electricity and got paralyzed.

Nifemi was thereafter rushed to LAUTECH teaching hospital but could not get immediate medical attention, which might led to his death.

According to the source, “Medical personnel on duty said they have to get a call from the Dean of Students Affairs before attending to him. The deceased friends decided to take Nifemi to Bowen Teaching Hospital; he died before getting to the hospital”.

Nifemi’s death has made some aggrieved students to shutdown the university. They are protesting that their colleague could have been saved if the health institution had taken the case as an emergency and gave him the necessary treatment before asking of details like the DSA.

However, the management of the teaching hospital explained that their request of the DSA was to relate the news of the passing away to an elderly person, that Nifemi was brought in dead.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here