In their bid to dislodge the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State, the Unity Forum and the Ajimobi Legacy Forum of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have agreed to bury their differences and henceforth work as one within the party.
In a communique jointly signed by the leaders of the groups at the end of an expanded meeting held on Wednesday at Premier Hotel Ibadan, all members are directed to collapse their meetings into one at state, local and ward levels.
The communique was signed by the Chairman of the groups Chief Kunle Sanda; Co-Chairman, Alhaji Abu Gbadamosi Co-Chairman; Prof Adeolu Akande and Hon Gbenga Ariba.
The News Carrier NG understands that Chief Sanda and Hon. Ariba were nominated from Ajimobi Legacy Forum while Chief Abu and Prof. Adeolu represent Unity Forum.
The communique reads in full:
COMMUNIQUE OF MEETING OF AJIMOBI LEGACY FORUM AND UNITY FORUM OF ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS, APC, OYO STATE, HELD ON THE 5TH MAY, 2021 AT THE PREMIER HOTEL, IBADAN, OYO.
The leaders of Ajimobi Legacy Forum and Unity Forum drawn from all the 33 local government areas of Oyo state, realising the need for peace, unity and progress of the party in the state, met this day, May 5th, 2021, and resolved as follows:
1. To bury their differences and henceforth work as one within the party (APC).
2. That all members of the party should henceforth collapse their meetings into one at all levels.
3. To henceforth work together for the Peace, Unity and Progress of the Party.
4. Commended the efforts of Her Excellency, Dr. (Chief) Mrs Florence Ajimobi and leaders of the Unity Forum and Ajimobi Legacy Forum to the settlement of the differences between the two groups.
5. Commended the leadership of Chief Akin Oke, the Caretaker Chairman of the party in Oyo State and pledged their support for the State Caretaker Committee.
6. Resolves to sustain the enduring legacies of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief Bola Ige, Alhaji Lam Adeshina and Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
7. Affirm their continued loyalty and support for President Muhammadu Buhari and his government. They also urged all Nigerians to pray for the country in these trying times.
8. Pledged to work assiduously for the victory of the party at all elections in the 2023 general elections.
Chief Kunle Sanda Chairman
Alh Abu Gbadamosi Co-Chairman
Prof Adeolu Akande
Hon Gbenga Ariba