The political equations in Oyo State have been rearranged as the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) and the Ladoja Political Group dissolved into the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday.
The merger was formalised at a special enlarged meeting held at Samonda State Secretariat of the party.
In a communique jointly signed by the leadership and stakeholders of the party, ZLP said that it decided to dissolve into the APC in order to save Oyo State from economic collapse occasioned by insecurity, excessive borrowing and poor vision of Oyo State government under Governor Seyi Makinde.
The communique directed all members of ZLP and Ladoja Political Group to terminate all Ward, Local Government and executive meetings; and partake in the ongoing membership registration and Revalidation exercise of APC in the state.
The meeting passed a vote of confidence on the leadership of former Governor Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja as well as other leaders and the executive steering the affairs of the ZLP, Ladoja Political Group and Ladoja loyalists.
The meeting urged media teams the APC and the ZLP to adopt a common criticism agenda
The communique reads in full:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE STAKEHOLDERS MEETING OF OYO STATE ZENITH LABOUR PARTY (ZLP) AND LADOJA POLITICAL GROUP HELD TODAY 2ND MARCH 2021 AT SAMONDA, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
Recall that the leadership of Oyo APC, ZLP and Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Political Group met on Friday 12 February 2021 at Premier Hotel Ibadan to consider developmental issues affecting Oyo State one of which is the dissolution of the entire structure of Zenith Labour Party ( ZLP) and Ladoja Political Group in Oyo State into the All Progressive Congress (APC).
It was agreed at that inaugural meeting that there was an urgent need to unite in order to save our dear state from economic collapse occasioned by insecurity, excessive borrowing and poor vision of Oyo State government.
At our meeting held today 2nd March 2021 at its Samonda office, the negotiating committee reported to the house and after an exhaustive deliberations agreed as follows:
1. The entire existing structure of the ZLP and Ladoja Political Group in Oyo State immediately dissolve into the APC.
2. All members of ZLP and Ladoja Political Group are hereby directed to partake in the ongoing membership registration exercise of the APC throughout the 351 Wards of the 33 local governments of Oyo State.
3. All ZLP members and Ladoja Political Group joining the APC have been asssured that they will enjoy the same rights, privileges and benefits accruing to existing APC members.
4. Directs all ZLP members and Ladoja Political Group to henceforth terminate all Ward, Local Government or Exco meetings and immediately start attending APC meetings at their respective Wards and Local Governments.
5. The attention of all members is directed to the decision of the National Executive Committee of the APC which granted waivers to all new members or those desirous of joining APC.
6. By the said APC NEC resolution of 8th December,2020 all members whether new or existing shall immediately be entitled and qualified to contest for party and elective positions within APC without the need for a qualification period.
7. The meeting passed a vote of confidence in our reverred leader High Chief Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja and other leaders and the executive steering the affairs of the ZLP, Ladoja Political Group and Ladoja loyalists.
8. Henceforth, the APC and ZLP media teams should adopt a common criticism agenda.
Signed For and on behalf of ZLP and Ladoja Political Group.
1. Elder Kola Olaniyan
2. Hon. Bimbo Adepoju
3. Barrister Sarafadeen Abiodun Alli
4. Mr. Waheed Akanbi (WAF),
5. Rt. Hon. Adeolu Adeleke
6. Engr. Kazeem Kolawole Raji (K K)
7. Engr. A I M Olaniyan
8. Mrs Monisola Tegbe
9. Mrs Serifat Tanimowo.
10. Hon. Kola Olabiyi.
11. Alhaji Wahab Oyelade.