There seems to be an end in sight to the crises rocking the Oyo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as key figures from all camps within the progressive family stormed the newly commissioned State Party Secretariat at Oke Ado – Ibadan for a stakeholders meeting ahead of the much-anticipated registration/Revalidation exercise scheduled to commence on Tuesday, 2nd February 2021.
The meeting was called by the State Caretaker Chairman of the party, Chief Akin Oke with a view to resolving to work with the National Secretariat and all stakeholders to deliver on the exercise, which is expected to showcase to the world that all progressive politicians are one indivisible family determined to make the APC more virile and cohesive.
The meeting enjoined all the stakeholders to sensitize and encourage members and supporters of the party at the grassroots to participate fully in the exercise without any rancour or misgivings.
In attendance at the enlarged meeting included former Oyo state governor and Chairman of Oyo APC Elders Advisory Council – Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala; Senator Teslim Folarin of Oyo Central; Senator Abdulfatai Buhari; Minister of Youths and Sports – Mr. Sunday Dare; former Deputy Governor of Oyo State- Barr. Iyiola Oladokun; former Deputy Governor of Oyo State- Chief Moses Alake; Senator Ayo Adeseun; Senator Olufemi Lanlehin; Senator Soji Akanbi; the Chairman of Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) -Prof. Adeolu Akande; aide to former Governor Lam Adesina – Alhaji Fatai Ibikunle; former Minister of Communications, Barr. Adebayo Shittu; immediate past Secretary to Oyo State Government – Alhaji Olalekan Alli; Hon. Odebunmi Bunvic; Hon. Akeem Adeyemi; Hon. Saheed Fijabi; Alhaji Shina Alabi; Hon. Murphy Adigun; Alhaji Kayode Adanla; Prince Abass Aleshinloye, Chief Wale Ohu and Hon. Kehinde Olaosebikan.
Also present were all members of the Elders’ Advisory Council, all former and serving members of the National Assembly, all former and serving members of the Oyo State House of Assembly, all serving Federal Government appointees, all former commissioners and members of the State Executive Committee, all former gubernatorial aspirants, all members of the State Working Committee as well as National and Zonal Executive Committee Members from Oyo State.
The resolution of the meeting reads:
1. Oyo APC shall be democratic in all its political activities as this concerns entrenchment of internal democracy particularly in the area Party Congresses and elective positions.
2. That Oyo APC is now an indivisible family poised to win all future elections in the state.
3. The Stakeholders also resolved to work together with the National Secretariat for the overall success of the Membership Registration and Revalidation exercise.
4. That the Stakeholders have placed a total ban on the inimical activities of divisive groups such as Lamists, SENACO, PDP Reform and Unity Forum within Oyo APC.
5. That all Leaders including but not limited to former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, Barr. Iyiola Oladokun, Chief Moses Alake-Adeyemo and Chief Akin Oke are determined to galvanize available resources (particularly the teeming population of Party faithful) to rebuild Oyo APC and make it more virile