SHOCKING REVELATIONS: How Gunmen Massacred Over 50 People in Igangan. Plans to Attsck New Eruwa Underway
By Mr. Olubunmi Sodipo
S.A. Media to Rt Hon. Ajibola
* The numbers of the people killed are more than those earlier reported. More bodies were removed from the surrounding forests, about 50 now and still counting. Apparently people ran into the forests in the night and were pursued by the killer herdsmen. The killer herdsmen were organized and were about 50 and came with 20 Okadas. They looked like bandits. They mostly used swords and cutlasses.
* Shame on Seyi Makinde for failing the Igangan people. He did not fulfill the promise to give Amotekun arms and ammunition and to jointly defend the town with Operation Burst. There was an intelligent report gathered by Amotekun of the impending attack. In all this, where is the police??? That CP Ngozi Onadeko will soon come up with a tale from the moonlight.
* They are always holding meetings after the deed is done. Seyi failed Igangan people. When the killer herdsmen were camping in Ofiki forests, Amotekun rushed to him to organize Amotekun and Operation Burst, and to give them arms and ammunition. He didn’t do anything. That’s why Amotekun Commander addressed the Press Conference. Just to alert the Igangan people of the impending danger. Also, Seriki Saliu was on a radio station boasting that Igangan would soon burn, it was reported to Seyi, he laughed it off. What we are hearing now is that the killer herdsmen are Camping in Okolo forest and Olokemeji forest area, they are planning to attack New Eruwa for evicting Gaas and burning their Kara Market from that area.
* Kudos to Aketi, he is an Omoluabi and he is funding Amotekun well in Ondo State. Shame to Sanwoolu as he is distancing himself from the SW problems. Your eyes will soon clear when the SW refugees move enmass to Lagos and overwhelm Lagos. Just see the numbers arriving from Igangan to Mushin as at this morning. Many Ibarapa relatives are in Mushin.
* By the way, have Garba Shehu, Malami not heard of the Igangan attack???? They will keep quiet now just like their SW e-rats. Thanks to BKO Babajide Kolade-otitoju on your full analysis of the matter on JH on Sunday.
* Shame on some Far North guys celebrating the attack, some of them making yanga that their own fight no dey finish. And shame on the so called SW Buharists, they are now quiet. Look, Sunday Igboho did not attack Seriki Saliu just for nothing, he intervened bc the Police and Seyi did nothing. Sunday Igboho intervened bc of the followings:
INSECURITY: HON AJIBOLA MURAINA PETITIONS THE PRESIDENCY, REQUESTS COMPENSATION FOR VICTIMS IN HIS CONSTITUENCY.
The Member, House of Representatives representing Ibarapa Central/ Ibarapa North Federal Constituency at the 9th Assembly of the House of Representative, Hon Dr Ajibola Muraina has petitioned the Special Security Committee of the House of Representatives, for the same to be reported and recommended to the Presidency.
Hon Muraina’s petition presented on behalf of traditional rulers, opinion leaders, religious leaders, youths, women, students, professionals, traders, farmers, political leaders and the entire Ibarapa community of Oyo State called attention to the dire security situation in his constituency, appealing that the incidents be investigated, the perpetrators arrested and brought to book, while requesting that their victims since March 2015 to May 2021 be compensated.
In a statement released by his Special Adviser on Media, Olubunmi Sodipo, the petition reads in part:
The Ibarapa Central/ Ibarapa North Federal Constituency consisting of the towns, Igboora, Idere, Igangan, Tapa and Aiyete are of mainly agrarian people whose livelihood and economy are being severely affected by the incessant and wanton destruction of farmlands by itinerant herdsmen as much as dastardly attacks by armed bandits and criminal elements notorious for killings, kidnappings, rape and extortion of huge sums of money from their victims, which situation I have moved motions on severally as the records of the House will bear me out.
Of particular concern is the challenge of kidnappings as in the
incidents listed below, recorded between March 2015 and May 2021:
1.On 20th March, 2015 at Oja, Igboora, Ganiyu SALIU was kidnapped. He was released on 25th March, 2015 after the payment of N4.2M.
2. On 9th February, 2019 CEO Adolad filling station was kidnapped at Igangan and N15M was paid before he was released.
3. On 21st April, 2019, Kosenat ADEGOKE (f), wife of the CEO Alaafiatayo petrol filling station, Igboora was kidnapped. She was released on 24th April,2019 after the payment of N5M ransom.
4. On 23rd June, 2019, Folake OLUFUNMILAYO (A.K.A Hosanna) was abducted in her shop located along Igboora-Abeokuta Expressway. She was released on 25th June, 2019 behind Baba-Aso Kara Market, Igbole, Igboora after the payment of N1.5M.
5. On 8th July, 2019, Adeboje OJETOLA, a teacher was kidnapped along Oke-Ago village, Igbole, Igboora on his way home from farm.
He was released on 11th July, 2019 at Opeji Village, Abeokuta North LGA, Ogun State after the payment of N1M
6. On 28th July, 2019, Sofiat BELLO (f), a petrol attendant at Subawah filling station along Igboora-Idere Road was abducted in front of the filling station. She was released on 3rd August, 2019 at Abeeb Village junction, Abeokuta North LGA ,Ogun State after the payment of N1M ransom.
7. On 2nd August 2019 at Araromi Village, Igboora, Fasilat MOSOBALAJE (f) was kidnapped. She was released after the payment of seven hundred thousand naira (N700,000)
8. On 15th September, 2019, Musiliu Alao ATILOLA (A.K.A Oreoluwa) was abducted along Araromi village, Igboora on his way back from farm. He was released on 17th September, 2019 behind Baba-Aso Kara market, Igbole, Igboora after the payment of N3M ransom.
9. On 19th September, 2019, at Akeroro area, along Igboora-Eruwa Road, Com O. OPADIJO the OYSCATECH ASUP Chairman, alongside four others were kidnapped.
They were released on 21st September, 2019 after the payment of N5M.
10. On 30th October, 2019, Tajudeen AYANWALE (A.K.A Araba), a VGN leader was killed by suspected kidnappers during an operation to rescue one Bakare ADAMS abducted at Eruwa in Ibarapa East LGA.
11. On 21st December, 2019 at Akeroro area, along Igboora-Eruwa road, Ibrahim GAWATA, an IT student at Albarika Microfinance Bank of No.1 Ladipo Street, Lagos State was abducted.
He was released on 24th December, 2019 behind OYSCATECH, Igboora after the payment of an undisclosed amount of ransom by his family.
12. On 7th March, 2020, Wasiu ADETAYO was kidnapped at Tapa and was released on 10th March, 2020 after the payment of N1M ransom.
13. On 21st March 2020, Alh Lukumon JIMOH was kidnapped, N2M was paid by his family as ransom.
14. On 13th April, 2020 at Igbole, Igboora, the duo of Victoria Funbi OJO and Esther Temitope OJO, the wife and daughter of Baba-Aso Igbole respectively were abducted . The victims were released by their abductors after the payment of N2.5M.
15. On 10th May, 2020 about 7:00pm along Tapa-Igangan Road, Saheed ODUGBEMI was kidnapped and released on 14th May, 2020 after the payment of N7.2M.
16. On 22nd August, 2020 at Araromi Village, Igboora in Ibarapa Central LGA, Musiliu Alao ATILOLA (A.K.A Oreoluwa) was kidnapped again and paid N3M as ransom.
17. On 30th November 2020 about 9:00pm, Sefiu ODUGBEMI was kidnapped at Tapa. He was released after the payment of N5M.
18. On 11th December,2020, Dr. Fatai ABORODE was murdered in his farm at Igangan.
19. On 2nd January,2021, Alhaja Sherifat ADISA, the CEO Subawah Oil was kidnapped at her filling station and later killed same day by the suspected kidnappers alongside two girls.
20. On 2nd January ,2021 about 11:00pm Kayode AKINDELE (Dr), the CEO Funmilayo Health Care, Tapa was kidnapped. He regained freedom after the payment of N2M.
21. On 4th January, 2021 about 8:30pm, Monsuru ADEROJU was kidnapped. He was freed after the payment of N3.2M.
22. On 19th April, 2021 about 7:40 pm at Abola Village via Aiyete in Ibarapa North L.G.A, one Jamiu Banbe was kidnapped. He was released on 21st April, 2021 after the payment of N600K.
23. On 3rd May, 2021 about 3:00 am at Idiyan Village in Ibarapa North LGA, three (3) members of Cattle Sellers and Butchers Association were kidnapped. They were released after the payment of N4M as ransom.
24. On 3rd May, 2021 about 5:10 pm at Oye Alagbado Village, one Fasasi Ode Bilawu, a farmer aged 60 years was attacked on his farm and killed by suspected herders.
25. Similarly, same day about 5:40 pm at Temidire Village in Ibarapa North L.G.A, one Rafiu Mohammed, a farmer was shot dead by suspected herders.
As a result of these kidnappings and killings, the community now lives in fear and most of the people can no longer go to their farms. The result is palpable hunger and economic downturns.
In the circumstances, it is recommended that the victims and / their families mentioned above be compensated adequately.
It is also important that investigations into these heinous crimes be stepped up by the Inspector General of Police (as I have emphasized in all my motions placed before the House on insecurity in Ibarapa) so that these criminal elements could be made to face the wrath of the law and the people can once again breathe fresh air of peace and security.
The frequency and severity of the kidnapping problem in Ibarapa Central/ Ibarapa North Federal Constituency requires that the situation be given serious consideration to unravel the contributive factors towards finding a lasting solution and for the same to be reported and recommended to the Presidency for prompt and comprehensive implementation.
Our humble prayers are:
1. That these bandits and criminal elements be investigated and brought to justice.
2. Payment of adequate compensation to the families of the slain/ deceased.
3. Payment of adequate compensation to the victims of the kidnappings.
S. A. Media
May 21st, 2021.
WE ARE WATCHING !!!